Smart Start of Buncombe County
Whether you are an early childhood educator looking for a workshop, a school-age provider seeking homework tips, a family member looking for child care, or a member of the Smart Start Board of Directors wanting to confirm the location of the next board meeting, we hope you will find our website a helpful resource.
Our mission is to strengthen the capacity of educators, families, and the community to build a strong foundation for children's learning and development beginning at birth.
We Are The Village - Asheville Family Conference and Expo
Smart Start of Buncombe County and First Baptist Church of Asheville are co-sponsors of the upcoming We Are The Village - Asheville Family Conference and Expo.
When: Saturday, October 18th, 2014, 9:30am-2:00pm
Where: First Baptist Church of Asheville, 5 Oak Street, Asheville, NC 28801
Parenting is complicated. Our hope is to have happy, healthy, successful children – but how do we get there? Whose help do we need? Where do we start? It takes a village to raise a child. Join us for a day when we learn how we are and how we can be that village.
We Are the Village: A conference & expo that includes:
- Sessions for parents and families that range from addressing challenging behavior to dealing with picky eaters, from supporting children in sports to The Sex Talk – and everything in between
- Community Expo with information booths from local organizations and vendors
- Free child care and activities for children ages birth through fifth grade
- Opportunities to connect with folks facing similar challenges, joys, and experiences
- Complimentary lunch will be provided at noon